Over the five decades of its existence, Heritier Nance & Smothers, P.C. has cultivated long-term relationships with numerous business clients ranging from sole proprietorships to larger corporations. The firm has clients in many fields, including construction, manufacturing, real estate development, professional practice and non-profit endeavors. We serve as general counsel for closely held businesses, as well as representing corporate executives.
The majority of our business practice comes from referrals from clients who have recommended us to their own clients and colleagues, as well as our existing clients' growth. We are proud to serve as trusted advisors, and work hard to continue to provide the service, advice, and advocacy our business clients deserve.
Comprehensive Legal Support for Businesses
Heritier Nance & Smothers, P.C. provides legal support for businesses at all phases of their life cycle, from start-up, through growth and expansion, to planning for and carrying out the succession of the business. These services include:
Business Entity Formation, Structure and Planning
- Advising clients on business entity selection to maximize tax and business advantages
- Incorporating for-profit and non-profit corporations
- Forming limited liability companies (LLC)
- Preparing annual corporate minutes, corporate resolutions and other documents
- Drafting buy-sell agreements, partnership agreements, shareholder agreements and voting trust agreements
- Drafting operating agreements for LLCs
- Preparing compensation plans
- Drafting and review of business contracts
- Drafting and review of employment contracts
Mergers, Acquisitions and Liquidations
- Advising and assisting with acquisitions, mergers, and reorganizations
- Drafting stock and asset purchase agreements, consulting agreements, and non-compete agreements
- Advising and assisting with dissolutions and liquidations
- Preparing plans of liquidation, liquidation trust agreements, notices to creditors, and assignment of assets as well as required state and federal forms
- Assisting clients with secured transactions
Tax and Financing Advice
- Tax planning for closely held businesses of all types and sizes
- Advice regarding lending and financing matters, director and officer liability, and executive compensation
Troy, Michigan Business Attorneys
Heritier Nance & Smothers, P.C. is committed to the success of our clients. We view ourselves as part of a team, supporting our clients by working cooperatively with their accountants, financial advisers, and other professionals to promote their goals and protect their interests.
The firm represents individuals, partnerships, closely held businesses, limited liability companies and corporations. We invite you to call us at (248) 828-4020 or contact Heritier Nance & Smothers, P.C. online to schedule a consultation regarding your business needs. We look forward to working with you.
© 2023 Heritier Nance & Smothers, P.C.
View Our Disclaimer
Law Firm Website Design by The Modern Firm