Paul J. Smothers
Attorney Paul J. Smothers attended law school at Wayne State University, where he received the American Jurisprudence Award in Creditor's Rights and was a member of the Order of the Coif. After graduating with honors, he gained experience working at small local firms and a large prominent metropolitan Detroit law firm before joining the firm now known as Heritier Nance & Smothers, P.C. in 2000.
Paul concentrates his practice in real estate, estate planning, probate and trust administration, and business and corporate law, and holds a Certificate of Completion in the areas of Probate and Estate Planning issued by the Institute of Continuing Legal Education and the Probate and Estate Planning Section of the State Bar of Michigan.
Paul takes great satisfaction from working in areas that provide a real benefit to his clients. He enjoys helping his clients understand the legal issues, risks and options in their various matters and lifting legal worries from their shoulders so that they can focus on the concern at hand, whether it be a business issue or family matter. Clients appreciate Paul's responsiveness, knowledge, and willingness to explain legal issues and concepts and thoroughly answer their questions.
Paul lives in Clarkston with his family and enjoys outdoor activities and has coached youth sports.
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate
- Estate Planning
- Probate and Trust Administration
- Business Law
- Wayne State University Law School, J.D. cum laude, 1993
- University of Michigan-Flint, B.B.A. in Accounting with high distinction, 1990
- Certificate of Completion in the areas of Probate and Estate Planning issued by the Institute of Continuing Legal Education (ICLE) and the Probate and Estate Planning Section of the State Bar of Michigan
Admissions to Practice
- Michigan, 1993
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 1995
Professional Memberships and Associations
- State Bar of Michigan
Real Property Section
Business Law Section
Probate and Estate Planning Section
General Practice Section
Law Practice Management and Legal Administrators Section
- Member, Beta Gamma Sigma (Honor Society of Collegiate Schools of Business)
- Member, Order of the Coif
© 2023 Heritier Nance & Smothers, P.C.
View Our Disclaimer
Law Firm Website Design by The Modern Firm