William M. Nance
Attorney William (Bill) Nance has been a licensed attorney in Michigan for over 35 years. Bill spent a number of years early in his career working at a well-regarded general practice law firm. While there, he gained broad-based practice experience and discovered an affinity for the areas of real estate, estate planning, estate administration and business law. After seeking out a position that would allow him to concentrate his practice in these areas, he settled at the firm now known as Heritier Nance & Smothers, P.C. in 1984.
Bill takes pride in helping both his individual and business clients identify practical solutions to their legal matters. He is pleased to have the type of relationship with clients that allows him to get to know their overall circumstances and needs, so that he can help them anticipate and avoid problems in the future. Martindale-Hubbell, a nationally-recognized attorney rating service, has given Bill its “AV” rating, the highest possible rating for legal skill and professional conduct.
Bill has been active in community affairs, and spent over eight years serving the Village of Beverly Hills on its Village Council and Planning Board. He currently resides in Bloomfield Hills with Jeanne, his wife of 32 years.
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate
- Estate Planning
- Estate Administration and Probate
- Business Law
- Wayne State University Law School, J.D., 1978
- University of Michigan, B.G.S., with distinction, 1973
Admission to Practice
- Michigan, 1978
Professional Memberships and Associations
- State Bar of Michigan
Real Estate Section
Estate Planning Section
- Former Chairman of Real Estate Committee of the Oakland County Bar Association (1992-1993)
- Beverly Hills (MI) Village Council, 1996-1998
- Beverly Hills (MI) Planning Board, 1989-1996
- Past Trustee, Widman Foundation
- Former Member, Cranbrook Institute of Science Parents' Advisory Council